Massachusetts Campus Compact is now accepting applications for AmeriCorps*VISTAs members for the 2016-2017 year.
AmeriCorps*VISTA members are passionate about and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Specifically, MACC AmeriCorps*VISTA members assist higher education institutions in addressing the needs of low-income communities through unique campus and community-based placements. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve.
Examples of what our AmeriCorps*VISTAs do during the year include:
- Building the capacity for sustainable campus-community partnerships for education along the K-12+ pipeline.
- Breaking down barriers to access and success in education.
- Preparing college students to serve more effectively in communities.
- Identifying new resources for partnerships.
- Implementing effective outreach and family-engagement programs with local K-12 schools and communities.
- Creating tracking, assessment, and evaluation mechanisms to gauge the success of campus-community partnerships.
- Building college access resources and programs
- Engaging with a dynamic network of peers all year and gaining experience working with faculty, staff, and community partners.
- Participating in significant training and professional development opportunities.
- Post-service educational award of $5,775
- Monthly living allowance
- Relocation allowance and/or travel to pre-service orientation
- Basic health coverage
- Student loan forbearance on most federal loans
- College Degree – A.A./A.S., B.A./B.S. or higher
- Passion for community development, education, community, service and social change
- Proven leadership ability
- Strong organizational skills, project, and multi-task management and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so apply early! Telephone interviews will begin in mid-March.
Please send cover letter and résumé, along with the names, titles, addresses, emails, and phone numbers of four references to:
Massachusetts Campus Compact
45 Temple Place
Boston, MA 02111
All positions contingent on final approval by the Corporation or National and Community Service (CNCS). Applicants subject to a two-layered criminal background check by the CNCS. The Corporation for National Community Service & Massachusetts Campus Compact are Equal Opportunity Employers.