What do Massachusetts Campus Compact AmeriCorps*VISTA Members do?
The MACC AmeriCorps*VISTA program was created to pursue the potential for institutions of higher education to more responsibly address the local needs of low-income communities and be responsible mechanisms for community change. MACC AmeriCorps*VISTA members are tools for this change.
Through unique campus and community-based placements, AmeriCorps*VISTA members are focused on impactful campus-community partnerships that strengthen the capacity of local organizations to fight poverty in low-income communities by leveraging the resources of higher education institutions.
Examples of what our VISTAs do during their year of service are:
- bridge the gap between campuses and communities
- break down barriers to access and success in higher education
- prepare students to serve more effectively in communities
- connect community-based organizations with campus resources
- engage with a dynamic network of peers all year
- participate in significant training and professional development opportunities
Want to learn more about specific MACC AmeriCorps*VISTA campus-community partnership work? Check out these videos!